Alleghany Historical Society
The Alleghany Historical Society was formed June 26, 1958 with 231 charter members. The Society has continually been active in the Community since that time and has recently moved into the newly restored 1908 C&O Covington Passenger Depot.
Our mission is to preserve the history of the Alleghany Highlands and continue to educate the citizens about the history of our area.
Office Business Hours
Mon. - Closed
Tues. - 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Wed. - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thurs. - Closed
Fri. - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Hours for special events will be advertised and posted on the EVENTS web page.
Alleghany Historical Society Annual Meeting - Sunday, April 24, 3:00 p.m.
Alleghany Highlands Industrial Heritage & Technology Discovery Center
227 N. Maple Ave., Covington, VA
Our Membership meetings have been put on hold since the outbreak of Covid-19. The board has continued to be active in conducting the business of the Society. However, we have had some unforeseen changes in the past year with the passing of Dr. Calvin McClinton and the reduced participation and reassignment of treasurer duties due to family commitments of Nancy Tyree. On Sunday, April 24, we will conduct an Annual Meeting to elect officers and receive reports on our current activities, the financial status of the Society, and the proposed events to continue to move the Society forward.